New chicken owners from central California

BRODY and DAISY

Hatching
Nov 30, 2015
Proud owners of a California white leghorn and a barred Plymouth Rock , such beautiful girls we are loving every second of chicken parenting and we are already planning on getting a couple more we were thinking about silver laced Wyandottes and a golden laced as well as a black Aus

trolops any information or any advice would be greatly appreciated we are happy to join this 11 family of chickens thank you to everyone

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

We have quite the assortment of breeds, in part because of the colors of birds and eggs we get as a result. Our silver laced, Wynonna, was killed by a fox this spring and my kids miss her dearly. Hopefully we will get another one soon. We still have a Black Australorp, Ebony. I know many BYCers love their Australorps, but in my case, the one I ended up with does not have much personality and is rather standoffish. Given the positive feedback most BYCers give their Australorps, I think mine may be an exception to the norm. All are certainly good layers (except for right now when the combination of molting and limited daylight greatly impacts their rate of lay).

Good luck!

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you joined us.

RE: choosing other breeds - theres a review section of breeds here on BYC so give that a go. I'd also suggest you take a look at threads about integrating new chickens to a flock before you get more chickens, so you can plan and prepare properly.

All the best

CT

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed as they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle, and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

I just welcomed you a moment ago on your other post so I'll just say hello again!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom