New chicken owners!

jansus09

Chirping
5 Years
May 5, 2015
Columbiana, AL
We have 3 bantams and one is a black silkie but we're still trying to identify these 2. Sex and breed!
[/IMG]the little gold and black one in the pic by the coop

The first looks like a porcelain d'uccle. Not sure of gender, what age are they?

I think the gold and black is a buff Brahma as long as those are leg feathers that I see. Looks like a pullet unless they are very young.

They're 8 weeks old and the gold one does have feathers on her legs but not as long as the cream one. The cream colored one is the only chick with a red comb and he/she is very friendly and likes being held.

Thanks for your reply we have been looking at pictures and thought the same thing. Do you think the d'uccle is a rooster? We wanted all pullets but it's so cute and funny we're keeping it no matter what sex!

I would say most probably a rooster at eight weeks. I used to have a d'anvers cockerel (similar breed), he was the best we have ever had. Not super cuddly but never aggressive and never overbred the hens even when he was with just one.

The first one is a Porcelain D'uccle cockerel. The black/gold one is a Buff Brahma, probably a pullet (but a closer photo would help).

Back
Top Bottom