New chicken treat idea

HennaPenHollyPol

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Aug 20, 2021
Indianapolis indiana
Hi everyone!
So today while at the store I thought to myself.....baby food! The ingredients are simple and clean. The girls absolutely love it. I am always hesitant giving treats because of all the bad additives. You can warm it up in the winter and freeze it into cubes in the summer!

Awfully expensive though.

The only time I ever bought baby food for my 4 kids instead of just mashing up what we were eating was when traveling and I always cringed over the price.
That was the only time I ever bought baby food, too - two jars in total, and only with my first kid. She hated it so much that she decided she'd rather scream and starve, so that was that with the baby food :lol:

You can turn any fruit or vegetable into baby food by sticking it in the freezer. Later when you take it out it will thaw into a pile of mush. Instant baby food! :D

So today while at the store I thought to myself.....baby food! The ingredients are simple and clean. The girls absolutely love it. I am always hesitant giving treats because of all the bad additives. You can warm it up in the winter and freeze it into cubes in the summer!

It's probably cheaper than buying mealworms :lol:

But my favorite "treat" for chickens is their usual food, with water added. They really love it, it's simple to prepare, and I know it has the correct balance of nutrients. It's also easy to make it cold in summer or warm in winter, just by using a different temperature water.

Last May I was able to acquire a little baby cereal for free (see pic below). My flock has been enjoying it as a supplement to their regular food ever since.

IMG_0452.jpg

Back
Top Bottom