New chicken! What Breed??!!!

kcarlino

Hatching
Dec 28, 2015
I had a chicken wonder on to my property and seems to have joined my flock. Do you know what type she is? Thank you!

Looks to be a gamefowl hen. Color looks like Wheaten. This is actually a relatively common occurence, Gamehens will occasionally get loose and are very capable of surviving on their own until they find a new flock. They are lovely birds, my favorite type, so you should have fun with her. They usually aren't the greatest layers but sometimes one might surprise you - I have a girl who looks similar to yours and while she comes to a dead stop once cold sets in, she lays me a steady 5 eggs/week in the spring and summer.

Looks to be a gamefowl hen. Color looks like Wheaten. This is actually a relatively common occurence, Gamehens will occasionally get loose and are very capable of surviving on their own until they find a new flock. They are lovely birds, my favorite type, so you should have fun with her. They usually aren't the greatest layers but sometimes one might surprise you - I have a girl who looks similar to yours and while she comes to a dead stop once cold sets in, she lays me a steady 5 eggs/week in the spring and summer.

X2 on QueenMisha's post.

Back
Top Bottom