New Chickenier and loving it.

BeardedeagleGA

Chirping
Oct 26, 2021
Hello everyone. I am new to chickens but I have fell hard. I did some research and got some equipment and then 20 chicks (2 didn't make it) and now I have two coops and a large run. I find myself every afternoon sitting in my chair talking to them as the sun goes down LOL. They are really great animals! I have been lurking for a while but I guess I need to make a proper introduction.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? See above

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
See above

(3) What breeds do you have? Ameraucana, Easter egger, Barred Rock, Australorp

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? They are so funny!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Hunting and Strategy games...…go figure.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am 52, I have 8 kids (22 to 6), we have 2 dogs and 3 cats.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? Looking for advice I googled and there it was. Great site.

LOL. No but I have thought about ducks and Guineas. I am waiting until I get the chickens figured out first though.
PXL_20211104_224433168.jpg

Quail are easy peasy to keep. Caged birds.
Daily eggs too. 😬

Back
Top Bottom