New chickens in Lompoc, CA

Added about 18 square feet to the run, which included raising the coop up. Got some roofing material at a garage sale so that's the next project. Well, I should probably cover the new section of run with something first... Out of final-product wood so ill have to throw something together for now.

Eek garage door motor seems to have crapped the bed. Have to maybe have landlord send someone out to fix it. Going to try to fix it ourselves, but no idea how we'll hide the girls during a visit.

Home watching the kids and can't do much outside today so wasted some time in MSPaint. I'm the beardy one =P

Well, I recon this is a $300-400 egg, but it was totally worth it. Our first egg after months of hard work, lots of cleaning, lots of food, lots of water, lots of laughs, and tons of aggravation.

We think it was one of the black austrolorps. Tasted delicious. A very healthy solid egg for her first. I thought the first was always a bit of a runt but I guess not! It was quite small. about an inch and a half to two inches long =)

Greetings from Tennessee.
welcome-byc.gif
wishing you the best of luck with all of your chicken endeavors.

Back
Top Bottom