new chickens

sweetart

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 10, 2008
Vancouver WA
Hi everyone I got my first chickens today I thought I was getting three RIR's but got one RIR and the other two im not sure what breed they are I hope I can get the pics to work and hopefully everyone can help me figure it out.. Im so excited to finally get some chickens
smile.png
.. Okay here goes..

chickens.jpg

white3-1.jpg

brown.jpg

Bottom one in the first pic looks like part orpington. Feathered or clean legged? Leg color? Can't tell from the pics.

Your other unknown looks like a cross. Would like a better shot of the comb and the legs. In the top pic it looks feather legged. Eyes may be going but not sure if that is a peacomb or not.

I was debating that. I do have some orpington girls here that feathered out heavy and have that cochin thigh going on though. That's why I was interested in a leg shot.

Shes kinda camera shy and didnt want me to get pics of her long cute legs lol I will try to get a better pic today of both.. thanks for your help.

From what I read cochins dont seem to be big layers? Big birds but not big layers lol nice. sheesh I would go pick a couple cute looking not big layers out of the whole bunch I had to choose from.. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom