New chicks - Breed identification needed

Livinwright Farm

Songster
9 Years
Jan 7, 2011
Carroll County
1) This one I think is a Phoenix... it is about 1/2 to 3/4 the size of the others.
75928_phoenix_1.jpg

75928_phoenix_2.jpg

2) I am thinking Lakenvelder on this one, but need confirmation.
75928_potentially_lakenvelder.jpg

3) Not sure, potentially a Golden Campine?
75928_possibly_golden_campine.jpg

4) Haven't the foggiest on this one... it is VERY petite! Any ideas?
75928_mystery_chick_3.jpg

A couple of questions: where did you get them and are they standard or bantams? They are so cute. Also, are there feathers on any of their legs? It does NOT look like it, but I was not for sure.

HenZ

Quote:
Hello! I got them from McMurray Hatchery, their Ornamental Layer Collection (a mix of their Rarest of Rare & Top Hat Bargains). They are standard size. Aww, thanks! I think so too! ^_^ Nope, no feathered feet with the chicks pictured.
I know they gave me 1 Free rare exotic chick and 2 cockerel packing peanuts(I haven't figured out which are the 2 cockerels yet.)

Edited to add: the url for the Onamental Layer Collection and that the rare exotic & 2 packing peanuts might be batams!

Last edited:
I just discovered that 1) is a bantam Silver Duckwing Old English Game.... It wasn't mentioned in the list for the rarest of rare... so I am assuming that it and it's twin are my 2 packing peanuts... time will tell though...

Hi, i have some of these chicks also and was wondering what they were i think for number 1 that could be possibly a welsummer!
big_smile.png

Does your Mcmurry chicks act really good?
I ordered some and want to make sure they will come safely?

Hi,
All I have is the Murray McMurry Catalog, so here goes a guess:

1. Def. Old English Game as it looks just like the picture

2. Maybe a White Giant Jersey

3. Gold laced Wyandotte

4. Golden Seabright

These are just guesses, using their catalog. There is really no way to tell, until they feather out a bit.

Lotza Luck

#2 - potentially lakenvelder chick: has been getting progressively weaker...
sad.png
no matter what I try to do. Giving it water & yolk by dropper isn't working. I think I will be making a call to McMurray tomorrow to inform them of it's untimely passing and requesting a replacement to be sent along with a local feed store's orders.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom