New chicks...Can't ID? Help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Porterfive, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Porterfive

Porterfive Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2007
    Collinsville, MS
    We bought a run of Barred Rocks and a mixed run. Here are a few picks on my flickr. If you have any idea please respond. We have ID'd many of them, but there are still a few we haven't. Like the White one with grey feet...Looks like a ghost chick. Then the fuzzy little silver ones. And the one with black and white wings. We know we have some reds and some brown leghorns and suspect a wyandot or two. You tell us what you think. I'll put up some others later as they get older.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/porterfive

Updated: I've posted pics below, please check them out and let me know what you think.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Can you post the pics on here? It would be easier to reference...rather than going back to the flickr site.

3. Porterfive

Sep 12, 2007
    Collinsville, MS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here we Geaux!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  4. Porterfive

Sep 12, 2007
    Collinsville, MS
    Ideas?

5. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    First pic looks like you got a GLW far front on the right. Second pic the two to the far right look like they could be blue, splash, or silver laced. As for breed if they are silver laced with rose comb they could be Wynodotte. Other than that you might have to wait awhile because the feathers can change.

6. Porterfive

Sep 12, 2007
    Collinsville, MS
    Yeah, we kinda figured we'd have to wait a while, but you know it's hard being patient when it comes to chicks. LOL We'll post more pics when they get a bit older and are more feathered out.

7. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    In the first picture...the two dead center look like Light Brahmas...but I can't tell if they have feathered feet. In the third pic, the black chick on the far right, and the ghost chick in the middle look like EE's. Yes to the barred rocks, and yes to the Wyandottes. Also, in the 5th picture, the black one looks like an EE.

8. Porterfive

Sep 12, 2007
    Collinsville, MS
    None have feathered feet, that was the first thing we looked for LOL. Cool on the EE's We haven't had any of those before, didn't have a clue what their chicks would look like. I thought Brahma's were only bantam?

9. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:No...we have two hatchery Light Brahmas that are large fowl. Huge and friendly.

10. Porterfive

Sep 12, 2007
    Collinsville, MS
    Cool, didn't know that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by