New Chicks on the block

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ChickenPalace, Mar 14, 2009.

1. ChickenPalace

ChickenPalace Out Of The Brooder

Although I was going to hatch my own this year, I could not help myself. I drove past our local family owned feed store and saw the "CHICK IN" sign.

Of course I turned around to see what they had...now I am the happy parent of 6 more chicks. I bought 3 Cuckoo Maran and 3 Deleware. I did not ever think of getting Delaware...but my husband keeps bugging me for a "WHITE" chicken. Now he will have three.

The only problem is - I set 16 eggs today. [​IMG] Soon I will be overrun with chicks..[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

They will be a mix of RIR and RIR/Australorp "x". I won't keep them all, of course that depends on who hatches. What I don't want, I will bring to the poultry auction.

[​IMG]
    Cuckoo Marans Chicks

[​IMG]
    Delaware Chicks

2. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    Cool love the chicks

3. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    You must be very trusting to set your chicks on leather furniture. My husband would have heart failure if I did that. And I would probably end up sleeping in the chicken coop. ha ha ha... Very cute chicks!!!

4. ChickenPalace

ChickenPalace Out Of The Brooder

Quote:Well..one might think, but he keeps wanting to take them to sleep on the bed like our dogs do...

At least the leather coach will be easier to clean up..LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by