New chicks: one getting week, one keeps spitting out her food NEED HELP SOON!

How old are they? We're they shipped to you? Very small chicks like very fine crumb so crushing there food up a little more may help. Have you dipped there beaks in the water? Adding some save a chick electrolytes to the water should help too. If you don't have that some sugar in the water. Are you keeping them warm. If they were shipped this can take quite a toll on new chicks. Good luck with them :fl

They are only a few days gold...my sister had to put one in her
incubator and feeding her boiled egg yolk with some water in it with a sureng.We have two lamps in/n'y the brooder.

What is the temperature in the brooder? Unless its very large, why do you have 2 heat lamps? Chicks need a space that isn't quite so warm, to escape to, if need be. How are you chicks sleeping? Do they pile up on each other (too cold) to lay far apart (too warm)? What are you feeding them? As Yorkshire Coop mentioned they may need food crushed smaller so they can eat it. Also if you dampen it a bit with water, it may be more palatable to them.

If you sister is having to feed one with a syringe, it sounds like she is having the same trouble with her chick. Are the chicks having regular poos?

Welcome to BYC.
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

I'm sorry to hear about your sick chicks! I hope they turn out okay.

Back
Top Bottom