new chicks ordered

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by the1much, Sep 17, 2008.

1. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

all right you guys,, im taking everyones word that ideal is a good place to buy from,, i buy my chicks from a local lady, and have NEVER bought from the "mail",, but she cant keep up with as many as i sell,,sooooo im trying ideal, i ordered 50 RIR 2 days ago, and ordered 50 NH reds, and 50 buff orps. ,,, this better work out!! and they better be as good as im used to getting!! hehe [​IMG]
    just wanted to tell everyone THANKS for all the info [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Are you able to make a profit reselling them? I'm interested to know what you are doing...

3. the1much

ya i make all kinds of $ from it,,,it started out with a "gift" rooster, then 3 "gift" RIR ,, had them out in the front yard ( where i live i get alot of traffic in morning and night from people going to work) and people kept stopping asking to buy my birds,,so i FINALLY found a person who hatched em,, and i buy them from her for $1.50 , and sell them for $3 ,, and i cant keep enough here,, last week i bought and sold her last 100 chicks, and 60 guineas ,, so now i need to look for MORE birds, this weekend i had to tell over 20 people i didnt have any left for sale [​IMG]
    but i also live on the outskirts of a city of 250k people, so i wouldnt expect that much from smaller towns.
    i sell chickens, 2 kinds of pheasants, guineas, and peafowl.
    and i only do it to afford MY birds,,hehe,, if they cant do work, they better be able to make money,,lol [​IMG][​IMG]

4. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow!! Sounds like you have quite the little roadside stand!!

I was hoping to get a 'bator and hatch chicks to add a few to my own flock and then sell the extras on Craigslist. Don't imagine I'll get rich, but maybe enough for a bag of feed or two!

5. the1much

thats the only reason i started selling,, so i could have MORE birds for me,, and they buy their own supplies hehe .
    we bought 1 of those styro bators,, but i really REALLY dont like em, so we gonna buy 1 of those high hatchers from mcmurrays next week, i hope,hehe [​IMG]
    its starting to be work, i told the wifers that i was gonna close my businesses and start a chicken farm,,hahaha [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. the1much

i ordered the 50 RIR yesterday, they shipped them out this morning,,THE PO JUST CALLED AND SAID COME GET YA CHICKS!!!!! hehehe,,,talk bout FAST! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. bluebirdfarm

bluebirdfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

BOY that was fast !![​IMG]

8. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Wow!!! that was fast. I ordered through a feed store that orders from Ideal and they siad mine won't come until the 15th of Oct. I ordered 25 buff-o's. I too hope they are a good company. I can not get on their web site. How old are the chickens you sell? I live in NC. and can't possible use as many as I ordered. AT what age is it good to start selling them. The ones I have left will be pets and layers. Sigh can't wait for my first chicks Jean

9. the1much

TOO fast,,, im now getting the brooder ready ( was gonna wait till tonight) and getting everything together,,hehe,,, we live across the state, was expecting them tomorrow,,but i got a call from the postal dude driving the delivery truck, telling me he's almost to the P.O ,, and i could meet them there haha,,and just today i ordered 50 buff orps, and 50 NH reds,,,, they wont be ready for another month [​IMG]
    BUT,, today made up for that,,lol [​IMG]

10. the1much

Quote:i sell mine after their a week old,,once they hit 4 months the price goes up,,, but i cant keep enough to get them that old,,haha ,, next month,, i wont let them go until their 3 weeks old,, just because of the weather, its warm warm here, so i only keep them in the brooder for a week, then they go out in the front yard.( alot of people say keep them in the brooder longer,, and i would suggest to do what they say, cause im no "chicken pro",, but i have only lost 1 or 2 birds after putting them outside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by