New Chicks

JD

Songster
12 Years
Sep 10, 2008
Tennessee
Acquired these chicks at the fair newly hatch in a bin, tried to get all feather footed. These were only 1 or 2 days old at the time and now still trying to identify all. I know I have one easter egger, mille flur and think I have 2 Americana females (two very blue ones without feather feet) if someone can verify that please. Also I have two white ones female and male with feather feet that I have no idea on also. Also what is the large white on with black spots on back which I think is a male. Whew would appreciate any help you can offer. Been a long time since I have raised and chickens, a 2 racoons attacked all that I had 2 yrs ago. These will be better protected this time

Attachments

• Americana1.jpg
    Americana1.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Americana2.jpg
    Americana2.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Mille Flur.jpg
    Mille Flur.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Unamed 1.jpg
    Unamed 1.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Unnamed 2.jpg
    Unnamed 2.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Unnamed.jpg
    Unnamed.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 12
I was told by the lady at the fair they the lavenders were Americana's. Do Americana's have feathered feet? Also what are booted bantams?

Ameraucanas don't have feathered feet.
Americana is a name hatcheries use to sell Easter Eggers. But they don't have feathered feet either.
Booted bantams are really adorable smaller chickens that do have feathered feet. :)

The two lavenders *could* be ameraucana... but I'd really need a pic that shows the face for that. The second pic, with the cockerel and the lavender facing away... it doesn't look like it has muffs.
Agreed. They could be Ameraucana (technically EE since lavender isn't a recognized variety yet) but they do look clean faced to me. We'd need to see clear pics of their combs and faces to get a better idea.

Thanks everyone, I'm going to try to get more updated pics. The lavenders don't have feathered feet. Also one has tuffs and a beaded comb or flat rose comb, I don't remember what you call it, lol. The other just has a regular comb. They are growing so fast. I do know I have the one easter egger and the two white bantams with tuffs and beards and feathered feet, what could they be? The white one with spots will be a good size and I'm still puzzled on what she is.

Looks like maybe two booted bantams and the white one is a cockerel. The lavenders look like maybe orpington? The white one looks like an Austra White.
The cockerel bantam also has a lot of blue or grey in him and both do have tuffs and beard. Any insights on those two?

Back
Top Bottom