New chicks

joelharper

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 17, 2015
I have a rabbit and he is about 4 years old. I’m getting baby chicks in may, after I remove them from my brooder. Can I put the rabbit and chicks (when they are about 8 weeks old) together.

The only concern is the rabbit is older than the chickens. He has always been by his self. Thanks

I wouldn't toss the chicks into rabbit's home, especially if he's been used to being alone. He may get territorial, especially if he's not neutered. I'd introduce them slowly and maybe give them a larger space to hang out?

I wouldn't toss the chicks into rabbit's home, especially if he's been used to being alone. He may get territorial, especially if he's not neutered. I'd introduce them slowly and maybe give them a larger space to hang out?
I am building a run that’s going to be 8x20 all enclosed top to the bottom. The chickens are going to have a 4x8 coop that’s about 6 1/2 foot tall. The rabbit also has a house that I can eventually put inside the run. I was going to slowly put him out there with them. I just didn’t know how he will react to them.

oh okay! I misunderstood and thought it was all in a small space. they might be okay if they're introduce slowly. maybe they'll be friends :)

Back
Top Bottom