new chicks

hello Colorado, my birds are a blessing from the lord to me, i am so blessed to have them in my life, honestly, i think of so many people that have nothing, but oh how just one bird can change ones whole life.
I live in New Zealand, in the south island, we live on a farm, and i just love everything about it, it has allowed me to have these birds and breed them as well, relatively new to this, as its my third year into it, but have only had three hatching's from my incubator, so am still learning, really, but its pretty simple really.... As you would've read from my post that we are now heading into spring so its getting warmer which means more eggs and more chicks, so far i haven't had any of my chick from Henry go cluckly yet but am sooooo looking forward to that. I started out with four girls who i bought off someone else, as they were getting on, but i lost one black girl out of the flock, which was so upsetting, then i got Henry, and the rest is history really....the older girls have had cluckly times which gave me idea of breeding the, plus i just love them anyways..... so i got rid of all my other flock, and just concentrated on the opringtons, and here i am today, with chicks from my girls.....i have been collecting eggs all week and will place them in them incubator later today, so looking forward to what comes from them.... but oh what a great hobby i have to say.... anyways look forward to hearing from you....

Back
Top Bottom