New chicky momma

You may want to post on the "Duck thread," and find out what ducks should be eating. I don't know if chicken layer feed is appropriate.
What kind of chickens do you have?
I'm really not sure what kind of chickens we have. I tried looking them up & I think 2 might be white Plymouth's they are laying all white eggs & the other 2 are larger they are more of a reddish brown, they are laying brown eggs. I no it prob sounds horrible to not know, I was just so excited when we bought them I forgot to write it down. I would take a pic of them but it's pouring in Pittsburgh right now.
I'm really

I'm really not sure what kind of chickens we have. I tried looking them up & I think 2 might be white Plymouth's they are laying all white eggs & the other 2 are larger they are more of a reddish brown, they are laying brown eggs. I no it prob sounds horrible to not know, I was just so excited when we bought them I forgot to write it down. I would take a pic of them but it's pouring in Pittsburgh right now.

Do you have pictures of the reddish brown chickens? I have one Red sex link that also lays brown eggs. Not sure if yours could be the same, a production red, or even a Rhode Island Red

Attachments

• IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    580.9 KB · Views: 6
Bread is a No-No, bread has no nutritional value and will just make your ducks fat and sick if given to much. my ducks like corn (only given as a treat) peas are also a great treat. i give my ducks collards (since we always grow a lot of it)
i also give my ducks chicken feed as their 'main' food. they also used to hate the weeds/grass that grew in their pen. but now they seem more then happy to eat it! maybe young ducks just don't like to eat leafy greens?? but what my ducks love the most is worms and bugs! especially big live worms! they come running when they see me lift up their water bucket cause they know that's where the bugs like to hide under.
Do you have pictures of the reddish brown chickens? I have one Red sex link that also lays brown eggs. Not sure if yours could be the same, a production red, or even a Rhode Island Red
IMG_20170712_120809.jpg I was finally able to get a pic of 1. The weather has been absolutely horrible here with flood rains!

2 of my girls look very much like the 1 in your pic!

If I'm not mistaken, I would say that she is most definitely a red sex link. she looks almost identical to my Bertha
View attachment 1073795 I was finally able to get a pic of 1. The weather has been absolutely horrible here with flood rains!
looks like a mutt to me.
i have one exactly like yours. red sex links usually have a lot more white toward their tail feathers. i posted a thread asking what breed mine was, and no one could figure it out! so most people said it was probably a mutt. although, i could be wrong lol
maybe get a pic from the side? showing her whole body :)

Back
Top Bottom