New Connecticut member says Hi!

Redpinto

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Southern Connecticut
Hey all-
I am Karen from Connecticut and I have been a long time lurker here at Backyard Chickens. I have been enjoying the threads on raising mealworms, Little Giant incubators and fermented feeding.
I have been raising chickens for about 15 years, I guess, starting with 2 roosters because I didn't know any better(!) and my count now is about 50 or more.
My next goal chickenwise is Exchequer Leghorns. I have eggs in the incubator and 10 in the brooder.
I guess I qualify as a chicken nut!
Thanks for listening!
Karen in CT

images

Welcome to BYC! Yes, we are all a little chicken nuts here on BYC!
ya.gif

Great to have you aboard and enjoy all your poultry adventures!

Hi Karen im new egg too ..I joined a couple of days ago but I am total new starter ..got my first chickens on Monday ,two barnvelders and two hybirds no cockerel ,but my neigbor has a free ranging one so I better watch out ! Jayne North Yorkshire UK
D.gif

Welcome from NJ!! I went to boarding school in Connecticut, so I'm pretty familiar with the state. Very rural and beautiful to the west. I got to see plenty of the old country and winding roads when I was traveling to my hockey games. Exchequer Leghorns are gorgeous birds and excellent layers. Best of luck with the new birds!!!

Thank you for all the replies and welcomes! There is a lot of information here. I found the Connecticut thread and have been reading that. Good to know I am not the only one with this 'chicken illness'.

Back
Top Bottom