New Coop...Am I Crazy?..Updated Photos

fireguy56

Songster
9 Years
Oct 2, 2010
Slidell, Louisiana
Well, I got at it around eight and stopped at noon (gotta watch LSU). So, since yesterday this is what I did so far this morning. finished framing other wall. Framed openings on either side of front door for two long, narrow windows. Put in joists and framed roof and braced. Will start on osb after the game.

69010_bantam_coop-day_2_005.jpg
Here is where I stopped yesterday.

69010_bantam_coop-day_3_001.jpg
This is what I did so far this morning.

69010_bantam_coop-day_3_003.jpg
Yhid view is from the back. Shows the location of coop 2 in relation to our big coop and run. All of the area to the right of new coop will be run built just like the other run for the big girls.

More to follow.

Erik

WHOA!!! Did you get all of that done in TWO days!?!?!
bow.gif
Are you working by yourself? It took me all day just to do roof trusses! WOW! Great job, it's looking fabulous! I can't wait to see it finished... which might be tomorrow at your rate! LOL!!
gig.gif

Ok, Just came in from trying to do alittle more on the coop. LSU kicking butt, so I decided to try to get some osb on before I call it an afternoon. Here is what I was able to do in short time. Wife came out to help, so we knocked out a pretty good bit in short time.

69010_bantam_coop-day_3-b_001.jpg
So, this is front....people door with side lights.

69010_bantam_coop-day_3-b_004.jpg
Side facing our house......opening at very bottom middle for shavings clean out...above that will be two sets of nest boxes, then above that two fixed windows with open (hardware cloth covered) vent openings.

69010_bantam_coop-day_3-b_003.jpg
Other side facing future run area,.Long fixed window in middle....vent openings across top under eave....chicken door will be lower right, close to corner. Havn't cut out yet.

so, there it is...todays progress, even with LSU playing......Tomorrow, no work...Saints palying.
Erik

Back
Top Bottom