New Coop and New Buff Orpingtons!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by texaschickmama, Sep 23, 2007.

1. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    We are so excited to have our 11 wk old buff orpingtons --13 pullets and 1 cockerel [​IMG] I just wanted to post some pics and show them to y'all along with our new coop. Also, I wanted to thank all of you for teaching me so much in these last few weeks. I think I learned more here than reading that Storey's Raising Chickens books.[​IMG] Enjoy the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for the pics of the chickens. They are so docile even after the hard day we all had with transporting them. My kids already love them.

We do have an electric fence on it to keep our labs out and any critters, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    They look good! What a nice flock. Their new home looks fantastic! I think you're all going to be really happy together. Congratulations!

3. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I love it,,,another really nice coop. If you built that you did a nice job, I love the red & white barn look. You are going to love your buff orpingtons. I am orpingtonless right now but hope next spring to get more. It will be a beautiful flock.

4. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

It looks good texaschickenmama, I like all of it. I have Buff Orpington's too and enjoy them. I don't mean to criticise your work, don't get me wrong; but you might want to put some dirt around the bottom border. Just in case you have preditors down there. Otherwise it all looks good.

5. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Wow!! Looks great....

I want one....

complete with the birds. [​IMG]

6. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    That is a beautiful coop, and that was a great choice of birds. I have 2 BO's and they are the best.

7. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Since you have such a lovely coop (and birds), I am going to move this to our coop section.

Another precaution for predator protection is to put hardware cloth around the bottom section of your run. Varmints can reach through chicken wire and grab your birds.

8. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Thanks, everybody. We do have an electric fence around the bottom. We will still probably add something to the bottom so my birds are safe. We got our coop off of craigslist for $175 and did an extreme makeover on it. I had a vision [​IMG]

9. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Very nice set up. Congrats!

10. saddlebags

saddlebags Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2007
    weatherford Texas
    nice job on that neighbor

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by