New coop and run.

You wouldn't fill with river rock? Or you would fill with river rock nor cover ends with stone? *newbie still trying to figure out how to build my run*
I wouldn't cover it at all. Mostly because my birds spend lots of time outside the run and have made a hot mess out of that skirt. They scratched at the river rock and shot it all over the place.
It would have been easier to just leave it alone and let the grass grow through.

I wouldn't cover it at all. Mostly because my birds spend lots of time outside the run and have made a hot mess out of that skirt. They scratched at the river rock and shot it all over the place.
It would have been easier to just leave it alone and let the grass grow through.
maybe flowers or something? u8 think they would eat the flowers before they move on free ranging? just do grass? \o.0/

leave it alone and let the grass grow through.
Yes.
And nix any rocks or pavers or logs along the outer edge,
they will dig under the edging and underneath the apron.
Use landscaping staples to hold down outer edge until the grass grows up thru and locks the mesh in place.

Here's a couple more good examples of anti-dig apron installation.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wire-around-coop.1110498/#post-17093528
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/new-coop-project.1169916/page-2#post-18481208

Nothing special, it was one of the kits. I work away from home and don't have time to build a proper coop.

Attachments

• 20220417_123033.jpg
    20220417_123033.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Nothing special, it was one of the kits. I work away from home and don't have time to build a proper coop.
Yikes! That's teeny.
Where was this picture taken? Any chance of cleaning out an area in there to build a coop? If it's all under cover you could use pallets for walls.

The wife is starting small. Soon the entire tractor shed will be cleaned out. That coop and a 12x19 run is going to be under the tractor shed. Already cleaned that section out. If she decides to go bigger we'll just have to build a larger coop.

Back
Top Bottom