New coop project

The long axis is north to south. This photo is from the south looking north. I took it about 5pm as we were finishing up, so the shadows are from the sun going down.
So siding on the top half of the west wall?

The long axis is north to south. This photo is from the south looking north. I took it about 5pm as we were finishing up, so the shadows are from the sun going down.
So siding on the top half of the west wall?
Ah!
You may have to play it by eye for position but probably the whole west side by looking at the shadows.
See where and what time of day blasts down the hottest sun.

I use shade cloths over part of top and west side of run as I have no close shade cover there.

Trying to get one more update in before BYC goes dark for a while.
We got 7" of rain last Wednesday so no work was done until today. We got the facade on the table end of the roof up and stapled up wire on the remaining roof and 2 sides today.
I didn't bring my miter saw because it wouldn't cut 60 degree angles anyway. So all the boards were cut with a circular saw, which slowed things down a lot.

All the wire was attached with 1 1/4" 18ga staples.

I got tired of cutting so I let the last row just run wild over the the top and stapled it down

The sides matched up pretty good, but not as well as I would have liked. I'm coming back over all the seams with 1x4 trim to lock it down and dress it up better.

Hopefully tomorrow we can finish the sides and apron around the bottom.

Last edited:
While BYC was down, we were able to get the most important parts of the coop finished. On May 9 we got all the hardware cloth attached for the walls and apron of the run.
IMG_0671.JPG

I'm having trouble with this new format. It was a lot easier for me to load all my photos to my gallery, then insert them in to my posts. Now I can't figure out how to get them lined up correctly, so I'm doing the updates a little at a time.

Back
Top Bottom