New Coop and Run

juniperyogi

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 26, 2010
Next to the Deschutes
Here are some photos of the new coop and run. I purchased the run off of craigslist, and it turns out the guy who built the coop for me also built this run. I also purchased the chicks from he and his wife. There are two doors at the bottom of the coop for them to get out in the run, or out the front to the yard. There are handles on the sides of the coop so it can be moved around the yard, but for us it stays flush to the run. It needs to be painted, but I have to wait until the weather gets warmer for that.
52264_004.jpg

This is the back of the coop viewed from the inside of the run. The little door up top is to get the eggs, the door on the bottom is to let them in the run.
52264_006.jpg

Front of Coop
52264_007.jpg

Bottom front door
52264_008.jpg

Inside
52264_009.jpg

Cute!

You may want to consider a gutter-type system to direct rainfall runnoff from the roof, to an area away from the run. It looks like during wet weather, the run may get inundated...

Quote:
I agree. I wasn't there when he dropped it off...My partner decided that's where it should go. I have to go out of town this weekend and dont' feel like having the discussion that it was misplaced right now. I think I'll wait till I get back and just move it myself, saving some flames
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom