May 11, 2010
Potomac, Montana
57167_coop4.jpg

57167_coop_1.jpg

57167_coop_2.jpg

57167_coop5.jpg

57167_coop6.jpg

57167_coop7.jpg

Since we live in Montana and get a lot of snow and cold,(snow on the ground for 4-5 months) we had to insulate and decided to make a roof over the enter run as well. We got our ideas from this forum and also by looking at some coops at a farm store in Missoula. We broke ground on Mother's day and just finished today. We still need to do the permanent electric and also add trim to the windows and door. The total size of the coop is 5 X 9 including the nesting boxes and the run is 8 X 16.

So glad to have found this forum and site. Really helped us out a lot!!
smile.png

Beautiful job and a very nice setup. I live in an area that set quite alot of snow as well. Before the snow flew I secure plastic tarps with 1x furring strips on the outside of my run. The chickens loved being able to get out all winter without having to wade snow. When spring came, removing a few screws and rolling up the tarp and I was back in business for warm days.

You guys did a GREAT job! That coop looks tight...really well made! And you sure have some little cutie pie chicks there...especially the little EE w/the grey head and red/cream body. Your cat/dogs sure seem interested in it...lol.

Back
Top Bottom