New coop construction. Need advice

The poop board has a 1x2 screwed to the end of it. It's a tight fit on the 1x2, but not on the plywood. The slot in the wall is as big as this end piece, so the poo and possibly shavings on the board will not be scraped off when it comes out. The board sits on top of 2 1x2 rails that are attached to the walls to hold it up. It actually works okay, I think. Just kinda heavy already and I don't have it covered yet. I was thinking of adding 1x2's on the edges to keep shavings from falling off on the way out, but then everything would have to be scraped to the end of the board to remove, and it would be even heavier. Can always ad that later if needed. Thanks for asking, though.
I will replace the roosts. All mine are large breeds and I want them to be comfortable.
love.gif

Here is an update with pics. I replaced the roosts with 2x4's. Pic has the poop board removed. Nest boxes installed. I put a board on the lower part of the pop door to keep the shavings in.
45558_img_3133.jpg

Door is on. Window is cut. Still don't know if I will put a clear window on it, or solid one with hardware cloth like the others. Lexan would allow light in on bad weather days. The roof is on now, too.
45558_img_3135.jpg

And the girls at 3 1/2 weeks. They are anxious to get into their new digs. Outgrowing their second box.
45558_img_3138.jpg

Your coop looks great!! and the poop board is an excellent idea for easy cleaning.

I love your little chickens - their feathers look so pretty at 3 1/2 weeks. You have a great selection.

Back
Top Bottom