New Coop Design for 50 Birds

Lavkid

Chirping
Mar 11, 2018
San Antonio, Texas
So I have been struggling with finding a coop to accommodate my massive flock of 40+. Either the coops don't go larger than 30, or are super expensive, or don't have adequate shelter from the elements and only hold about 30. So I went another direction, crunched some numbers to give my free ranging birds at least 4 sq ft each and I came up with this bad boy. It wont cost more than $300 and if you are frugal and know how to find free stuff it can be less. But all my babies will have a nice spacious place to sleep at night. Note: I feed horses in the morning and at night so no chicken door is on the coop until I decide to put one in. Its only a drawing and we are getting materials this weekend. Anyone is welcome to try it out or wait until mine is built to see. What do yall think? Its 10' W x 20' L x 7' T. Still a work in progress and a little missing details here and there.
29550846_1356267487852156_974719639_n.jpg

I too was unsatisfied with prefabs. So I'm going with a post and frame with a single slope roof. 16 x 24, enough room for nearly 100 birds, but at most I'll have half that. Mine will have room for breeding pens and brooding pens. That is, if it ever stops raining.

I too was unsatisfied with prefabs. So I'm going with a post and frame with a single slope roof. 16 x 24, enough room for nearly 100 birds, but at most I'll have half that. Mine will have room for breeding pens and brooding pens. That is, if it ever stops raining.

If i did that i would need to get 100 birds to fill said coop haha, have to limit myself somehow

o build a new coop big enough for 20 birds, but it just will no stop raining here. Wanting to get the birds out so they can stretch. Darn rain

16x24 is enough for 100 birds?

Back
Top Bottom