New coop- he s won’t use roost at night but will during day.

omextreme

Chirping
Mar 20, 2022
Atlanta
So my new 10 week old hens won’t use the roost at night. They are happy to line up during the day but at night they all cram in by the door. It is in the 60’s at night currently so they shouldn’t be too cold.

Should I be worried or do they just need to grow up?
86A4FA92-3BD9-4E4C-B5E6-44D411707D8D.png
CD819398-11A7-452E-A3A1-B9E5C2D724B3.jpeg

It is probably too dark for them to see well enough to get onto the roosts. Or they are just confused because it’s all new to them. 😉 You can help by going out every evening around sunset (when there is still some light) and placing them all on the roost in a row. In a couple days they should learn what do.

My chicks are about 7 weeks old and tonight is their first night in a big girl coop. I went out and checked on them a while after dark and they were all on the roosts together 😊

It is probably too dark for them to see well enough to get onto the roosts. Or they are just confused because it’s all new to them. 😉 You can help by going out every evening around sunset (when there is still some light) and placing them all on the roost in a row. In a couple days they should learn what do.

My chicks are about 7 weeks old and tonight is their first night in a big girl coop. I went out and checked on them a while after dark and they were all on the roosts together 😊
I placed them up on the roost a bit ago and no ones hopped down!
DF6460D6-E9DC-4309-AC04-74DCF93724F7.jpeg
935AE007-D0F7-489E-B047-BBB2DF74FFF1.png

Back
Top Bottom