New Coop Questions

We’ve left two 2’ x 2’ windows open but screened off between the coop and the rest of the barn. The ceiling is beams and there are 3” x 12” spaces between each beam and the next (I have garden cloth closing them off.
Do I need spaces for air to move or forced ventilation?

Roof-level ventilation is great! I personally am a big fan of passive ventilation over forced air -- I grew up with too many power outages.

The air inside and outside is supposed to be the same temperature and humidity and you shouldn't be able to smell any ammonia.

Roof-level ventilation is great! I personally am a big fan of passive ventilation over forced air -- I grew up with too many power outages.

The air inside and outside is supposed to be the same temperature and humidity and you shouldn't be able to smell any ammonia.
I’m going to start transitioning the chickens to the new coop tomorrow. I’ll keep a good nose out to see if my ventilation is good enough. Honestly I got them in a bigger run and am moving them to the barn so that they don’t have to be stuck in a small 2’ x 3’ coop or brave rain/snow, mud, and wind. With the bigger coop they can hang out inside and be comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom