New Coop..Wife Thinks I'm Crazy....Updated Photos

fireguy56

Songster
9 Years
Oct 2, 2010
Slidell, Louisiana
Hey ya'll, Didn't get to work on new coop as long as I wanted to today but still got a fair amount done. Got the front finished. Shingled the roof over front door. Trimmed out windows and door, as well as finished ceiling under porch roof and siding. On duty tomorrow, back at it again on Thursday. Will post pics of what I get done on Thurs. for those of you following the new coop build progress. Thanks for tuning in...Erik

69010_bantam_coop-day_4_029.jpg
Here is where I stopped yesterday.

69010_bantam_coop-day_5_001.jpg
Here is where I'm at today. Front totally finished other than a walkway of pavers leading to door.

69010_bantam_coop-day_5_002.jpg
Different view showing roof detail over front door.

Hope ya'll like it so far...lots of tedious work today, so didn't get as much done as would have liked, but I think the Boss will be happy.

You can come and build those on our property till your hearts content and I'll never think you're crazy
big_smile.png

I wish my DH would build just one of those and it doesn't have to be that fancy. Tell your wife the rest of us think she's pretty lucky. Nice job on the coop
thumbsup.gif

Hey All, thanks for the nice comments and Marriage proposals, invites to visit Florida, NC, and the UK...wow! Might take ya up on it in the near future. Getting ready to retire after 23 yrs in Fire Service...maybe I can earn my keep as a "Chicken Coop Builder" Ha Ha. Just love seeing my wife and grand kids faces when they see the latest work I've done. By the way, some of the big girls are checking out the new coop from their run area when I'm working on the "coop too" and I think they believe I'm building it for them. So wrong...it's for the Bantam babies in the brooder. Keep tuning in .......lots more to come.
Erik

Back
Top Bottom