new coop!!!! YA

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 2hot2chicken, Feb 2, 2012.

1. 2hot2chicken

2hot2chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    So we got partially done building a nice 4x4x4 coop to house a couple of silkies for showing for DD. Well tonight DH decided if hes gona build a new coop he might as well build it sturdy and fill a whole area we now have set aside so I get a 4x8x6!!! Means more silkies!!!! LOL Now for the planning.
    We will begin building this wknd and I will be sure to update as we go! It will be 4x8 with an attached 8x12 run!

2. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    [​IMG] Your are LUCKY!

3. 2hot2chicken

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    Well got most of the framing and the deck done today.
    Heres a couple pics of the new coop.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 2hot2chicken

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    Heres how its coming along. And DH says he hates chickens then he goes and builds me this!!! Basicly besides the finishing work, which I will do, I just need the corrugated metal for the roof and the door put on. DH is going to work on the door tomorrow and we should be getting the metal the end of this week to install it on the weekend. Hopfully it doesn't rain to much in the mean time though

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I couldn't get pictures by the time we got all the plywood up because it was to dark but I will get some tomorrow.

Most of the materials from this were recycled materials. Really the only stuff we bought was the presure treated wood that would have contact with the ground and a box of screws, and the metal.

5. 2hot2chicken

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    Also should add we had to change the run to 8x10 due to the location.

6. blessedchick

blessedchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2011
    This is awesome! I can't wait to see the finished product! If your hubby starts itching for another project, send him my way! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by