New coop

GT Earthan

In the Brooder
Sep 25, 2020
20201128_163253.jpg
20201128_163320.jpg

This is my new 200 sq feet terrace deep litter poultry farm which is completely caged for my chickens but the problem is that i can't find any way to protect it from rain can anyone please send some ways to prevent rain from entering.

Solid walls with protected windows/venting.
Gonna be pretty tough to do tho.
Looks like you'd have to build them in sections and lift them into place.

I can't imagine deep litter working in a concrete 'bucket'.

How many birds are in there?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1606574728972.png

I am from India which has a hot and humid climate with seasonal cyclones. We were even affected by the recent Nivar storm with wind speed of 110kmph. The major flaw in my new coop is that rain is pouring from the sides where I used steel nets.

I am from India which has a hot and humid climate with seasonal cyclones. We were even affected by the recent Nivar storm with wind speed of 110kmph. The major flaw in my new coop is that rain is pouring from the sides where I used steel nets.
You did a great job on the cage itself that is pretty clever, from what I can see. Could you make removeable sheets of plexiglass that you could slide on and off? Not sure if they even make something that big. Just throwing out an idea.

There is a drain for the water and there is also a cave like space for 30 hens but the problem is that I fear if they would get wet and become diseased if storm comes. I tried using plastic tarps during last storm but it got torn in half.

There is a drain for the water and there is also a cave like space for 30 hens but the problem is that I fear if they would get wet and become diseased if storm comes. I tried using plastic tarps during last storm but it got torn in half.
I did the tarp thing too and they got torn, I'm going to put up laserlite (clear corrugated roofing sheets) on 2 sides, so they have light but no wind or rain. Depends on climate though if it will get too hot you can't take it off unless unscrew it. And you need ventilation.

I bought some marine tarp from Sailrite...but you have to put in the snap fasteners yourself. I bought all the stuff but been too busy doing other things. I wanted something I could put up when I knew a storm was coming but take down easily.

Back
Top Bottom