New Duck and Goose Mom!!

DoodlesDuckies

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2024
Morning. I am a new duck and goose mom. I live in north central Wisconsin. I hatched out my duckling eggs 2 weeks ago. Started with 12 eggs- 1 was not fertile, 1 did not hatch properly (RIP) and 1 a tiny runt passed away at a week old. (RIP DW) So I have 9 wonderful, MESSY ducklings stinking up my living room. And 2 African Goslings yelling at all the ducklings. I also have 2 French Bulldogs- 12 year old Beatrice and 8 year old Deacon. So far, everyone is getting along, with some corrections and heavy supervision. Even my fiance is getting used to the 11 new members of the family. For someone who really wasn't on board he sure is all about sitting in the grass with them and naming them, until the cleaning part comes. LOL!

Anyway, I am here to learn new things about raising them and helping others where I can.

Also, ALL the threads I have read about how messy ducks are...the words cannot fully describe the absolute mess they make and there is a reason why nature made them so adorable. ( I would not have them any other way :) )

Thanks!
Renee

Back
Top Bottom