New duck! Any advice ?

Oscarsgravett

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 18, 2014
East Sussex , England
Today I bought a white Campbell from a customer I served who needed to rehome her due to no companions and supposedly complaining nieghbours . She is extremely friendly due to her being grown up with kids.

I have never had a white Campbell before so any info would be great like:

1. She is at POL and it's October so will she lay now or wait till spring?

2. How much do they eat? As I have only had small duck breeds.

3. Dislikes and likes of the breed? Etc.

Any other advice would be great.

Here the beauty is :love I'm so glad I have her!! :woot

She is gorgeous Congrats!! She will be very lonely though with out a duck buddy they are flock animals and really like to have one or more of their own kind. As far as laying she may lay but with the days getting shorter she may just wait till next spring. So it will be a nice surprise if she does lay soon. I'd fill up her bowl and let her eat as much as she wants especially ducks that will be laying they need alot of good nourishment to make eggs and keep their body's healthy. Layer or a good All flock and oyster shell on the side.

I know Khaki Campbells are good layers and I have heard others talk about treir ducks being wonderful so I would assume White Campbells would be the same. And being raised around kids makes her comfortable around people which is a big plus.

She is gorgeous Congrats!! She will be very lonely though with out a duck buddy they are flock animals and really like to have one or more of their own kind. As far as laying she may lay but with the days getting shorter she may just wait till next spring. So it will be a nice surprise if she does lay soon. I'd fill up her bowl and let her eat as much as she wants especially ducks that will be laying they need alot of good nourishment to make eggs and keep their body's healthy. Layer or a good All flock and oyster shell on the side.

I know Khaki Campbells are good layers and I have heard others talk about treir ducks being wonderful so I would assume White Campbells would be the same. And being raised around kids makes her comfortable around people which is a big plus.
thank you for the info very helpful I have got a silver appleyard she is with and will hopefully stay with her :) I will feed her as much as she can :)

thank you for the info very helpful I have got a silver appleyard she is with and will hopefully stay with her
smile.png
I will feed her as much as she can
smile.png

I keep my feed bowls full during the day and put them up at night. But also take in to consideration they need plenty of exercise so they don't get over weight which isn't good at all for laying ducks. I know you want her to get acclimated to her new home but hopefully you'll be able to let them have some exercise in your yard eventually. I'm glad she has a friend.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom