1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New duck, funny duck!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by GrannySue, Oct 1, 2009.

1. GrannySue

GrannySue Chillin' With My Peeps

Not show material, but high on the entertainment scale!
    I got a mottled grey crested runner duck, but her pompom is jauntily perched on the side of her head.

[​IMG][/img]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  2. momof247371

momof247371 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    oooo its leaning, how cute!!!! I love crested ducks. I have one and her name is einstein.

3. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Hah! All runners are funny, but I always think they are funnier when they have the crest. [​IMG]

4. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    could be the fashion? [​IMG]

it's like a beret.

5. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    They are great entertainment value. I have an "odd" duck named Buckette. She never stays with the flock, bobs her head oddly most of the day, and spends most of her time with one eye to the sky. Not sure what she's looking for. We actually think she acts autistic with her rocking motions and loud vocalizations.

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    We have actually joked about our autistic son being a duck in a previous life. When you are a duck, all change is bad, even if it is good. Many autistics go by the same motto [​IMG]

7. buck431397

buck431397 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Pilesgrove, NJ
    i have a crested girl who has a side ponytail. she has this skin flap with feathers on the side of her head. she also cocks her head to the side as if she's posing for a yearbook picture. Something about cresteds possibly having brain damage????[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by