New duck mom need help

Hello,
I had 9 ducks one passed so now I have another one that don’t look so well. Yesterday her leg was weak and she didn’t want to walk on it. Took her to the vet got some Tylan powder and today she seems worse. Her leg is beginning to be stif and red at the leg joint. I researched bought so niacin time release capsules but they are hard to dissolve in the water so I bought some vitamin b complex liquid haven’t used it yet because I just made a gallon of water for just her with tylan and half of 250mg niacin. She is barely eating and drinking I don’t know what to do and I don’t want to lose another duck. Any help please and I don’t know how old I got her from TCS had her for 3 days

What kind of symptoms did your nine other ducklings show?

I am reading this as the Op had 9 ducklings an 1 passed an now another is not doing well she has taken the duckling to the vet. So hopefully she’ll reply an let us know what the vet diagnosed. And I am pretty sure if this duckling had symptoms MG the vet would have said. Reading the symptom s upper respiratory distress would be pretty obvious!

I am reading this as the Op had 9 ducklings an 1 passed an now another is not doing well she has taken the duckling to the vet. So hopefully she’ll reply an let us know what the vet diagnosed. And I am pretty sure if this duckling had symptoms MG the vet would have said. Reading the symptom s upper respiratory distress would be pretty obvious!
Most vets don't know anything about chickens or Ducks because not much study is actually done on them. An Avian vet is a better vet if available

"M. gallisepticum affects chickens, turkeys and various game birds such as ringnecked pheasants (Phasianus colchicus), chukar partridges (Alectoris graeca), redlegged partridges (Alectoris rufa), grey partridges (Perdix perdix), bobwhite quail (Colinus virginianus), Japanese quail (Coturnix japonica) and peafowl (Pavo cristatus).This organism has also been detected in ducks and geese, although it does not seem to be a significant pathogen in waterfowl. "

http://www.cfsph.iastate.edu/Factsheets/pdfs/avian_mycoplasmosis_mycoplasma_gallisepticum.pdf

Back
Top Bottom