New Duck Mom

Hello! 🦆 Welcome!! :frow dont worry, my ducklings are the same way! And I've tried spending as much time with them as possible but nope :lau it's okay, they're such cuties anyway. Do you have any pictures? :D :D

Trying to get photos where they're not blurs or asleep is proving tricky! :lol: But this is Chantal, Rose, and Zelda. (Rose is the one giving the camera the extremely judgy side-eye.)

ducklings.jpeg

Hi there! :)

I'm new to duck-raising (raised chickens as a kid) so I found this site by googling a million questions, and it's been a sanity saver so far! I've got three female Black Indian Runners who are just over a week old in my spare bathtub converted into a brooder. They seem to be happy and healthy and growing like mad... the only issue I have so far is they do not seem to care for being petted or held at all. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, not handling them often enough (usually 3-5x a day), or they're still getting used to me, or they're "just not the hugging type"? They'll happily run over and eat mashed bits of pea out of my hands and don't seem afraid of me at all otherwise.

Anyway, happy to be here and thanks for all the info! :)

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom