New duck momma to 2 Khakis

Kiniption

In the Brooder
Sep 22, 2021
Hello everyone! I've been to the forum several times but today decided to create an account.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We do not have any chickens at this point, but we have ducks and are new to raising them.

(2) How many chickens/ducks do you have right now?
We have 2 ducks.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Our ducks are Khaki Campbells, and we think one is a female and one is male, but only time will tell :). They are currently 7 weeks old.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens/ducks?
They are fun to watch and have great personalities, plus I am hoping they will help control the bugs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I enjoy spending time with my family, dog, bunny, and friends, as well as kayaking and hanging out near the pool in the summer.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I work with computers as a software consultant and also invest in real estate.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I was searching for articles on duckling care, and soooo many posts were from this site! It has been very helpful.

Lurker yes, sounds much better than "stalker." After I discovered BYC, it took me several months till I made my first post. I was not a computer person. I was also very shy BUT, the fact that no one sees you, or hears you speak etc. makes some folks bolder. Worked for me plus the first two Bycers I met online were Sourland & Alaskan both incredibly nice guys.

Twelve years later the list of nice guys and gals, has sky rocketed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom