New duck owner help!

Your two females will be OK without a drake.

It is strange how he behaved with your poor female: beyond dominance.

I have had a muscovy female that was being bullied by the drake -- but nothing like as bad as your poor girl. I rehomed her with my son's gentle pekins. His pekin drake was mean to her, and so his drake was rehomed to my flock leaving my son with three females who got on just fine.

If you have someone willing to take your boy, I would let him go. It's difficult to find new homes for drakes so don't pass up on this opportunity. You might want to find another female muscovy to keep your girls company, so that if anything should happen to one, you won't have a lonely muscovy left behind.

Last edited:
Your two females will be OK without a drake.

It is strange how he behaved with your poor female: beyond dominance.

I have had a muscovy female that was being bullied by the drake -- but nothing like as bad as your pour girl. I rehomed her with my son's gentle pekins. His pekin drake was mean to her, and so his drake was rehomed to my flock leaving my son with three females who got on just fine.
If you have someone willing to take your boy, I would let him go. It's difficult to find new homes for drakes so don't pass up on this oportunity. You might want to find another female muscovy to keep your girls company, so that if anything should happen to one, you won't have a lonely muscovy left behind.
Yes I have found a home for my boy. It’s said as we had him first but I can’t have him hurting the others and he is chasing the chickens around when free ranging now. This lady has a large flock which should make him happy. Thanks for the advice we may get another female as well

Yes she is the same breed. The first and last are of my poor girl I feel so terrible but this is very fresh and she has healed a lot already after separating them. The middle pic is the drake and new female
I just rehomed my big Muscovy Drake because he was so hard on my hens and even on my Mallard/Rouen Drake when he was in Drake Jail with him. He was huge and mated anything he could get his feathers on. Yours are so pretty and I am glad that you were able to separate them. Sometimes they pick a favorite and will literally try to mate it to death. I actually was able to trade my big drake for a Muscovy young female and a Khaki Campbell hen and everyone gets along just fine. Good luck finding one for your hen.

Back
Top Bottom