New ducklings will be here soon and i have a couple questions

I actually found a small place that sells flock raiser. I pltook back my game bird crumbles and got a 50lb bad of flock raiser. I will need to check the niacin levels in the flock raised and add brewers yeast according. But I was excited to actually find it.

Sorry to barge in here, but I'm in the same position. My first ducklings are coming next week. What is the recommended protein percentage for ducklings? 18%? Is 16% OK after 2 weeks, or should I keep them at 18?

And I'm supposed to add brewers yeast? That's the first I've heard that. How much do I add? Do you get it at the feed store?

Thanks
Jim

I get my food from tractor supply. It's dumor brand specifically for chicks and ducks. There's even a chart on the back that tells you when to move them to the next food up and what it is. Maybe you could order online if you don't have one near you? Plus it's very reasonably priced. 13.99 for a 50 pound bag. At least I thought that was. I'm new to ducks. Probably why I liked the chart on the back too. No guessing involved.

I picked up my brewers yeast at the feed store(for niacin) it was around 7.99 for a big tub. I'm going to do some research on the niacin levels in flock raiser before I actually add it. I do however highly recommend the book that everyone else told me about Storey's guide to raising ducks.its simply an amazing book with a wealth of information. And definitely worth having on hand.

Back
Top Bottom