New ducklings

HeatherMarieR

Chirping
Feb 27, 2015
Somerville, AL
I have 6 ducklings at the moment that I fully intend on keeping outdoors because I don't think I could handle the responsibility of a house duck, but I was wondering if I'd be able to put a diaper on them and bring them inside every once in a while, or would they have to stay outdoors full time once they're outside ducks?

Well, If you have day-old ducklings, its pretty common for others including me, to keep your baby's in the house, until they start feathering.. That way you can check them out every once in a while, Plus, lamps are needed for warmth. I have never dealt with a duck diaper, but i don't see why you can't, people buy duck harness so why can't you buy a duck diaper! I will Be back later to give more info

I have 6 ducklings at the moment that I fully intend on keeping outdoors because I don't think I could handle the responsibility of a house duck, but I was wondering if I'd be able to put a diaper on them and bring them inside every once in a while, or would they have to stay outdoors full time once they're outside ducks?

A house duck is a house duck. An outdoor duck is an outdoor duck. If they haven't been trained since ducklings to tolerate a diaper, it'll be one heck of a battle to put one an adult, let me tell you! There are a few exceptions, some members here have ducks that enjoy being both inside and outside, and will just meander the property as they see fit. But for the most part, once a duck has been raised and grown accustomed to a certain environment, it's actually quite traumatic for them to switch.

I'm a proud house duck owner, and let me tell you, it IS a lot of work! :p Ducks are plenty of responsibility in general, nut house ducks are more like having a kid, hehe. But they're also very, very affectionate. If you spend a lot of time with your ducks, whether indoors or out, they'll be a friend for life. If you're lucky, you may even find one that likes sitting in your lap!

Back
Top Bottom