New Ducks

Yep just babes. And so pretty. I bet they are thriving now. We need some updated pics. :)

Love your avatar by the way!
The avatar is the original three ducks, one was take by a coyote, my fault, I let them out too early in the morning. The two remaining adults are great they come about 3/4 the time when I call to get some treats. They put themselves to bed around 4:00pm and I just have to lock the door to the Quack House. My hope is the three new ducks will blend in nicely.

Which one was taken? and very sorry for your loss. If you let them all meet through fencing for a while they should become fast friends. This is a pretty good time to introduce with it being winter the hormones aren't quite as high.

Which one was taken? and very sorry for your loss. If you let them all meet through fencing for a while they should become fast friends. This is a pretty good time to introduce with it being winter the hormones aren't quite as high.
The two ducks were Dottie and Daisy with Sir Quacks-a-Lot (SQL) being the Drake. SQL and Dottie were matting all the time and Daisy, the smaller of the two, was the third wheel so to speak. Dottie was taken by the coyote. Then Daisy and SQL started matting Now Daisy is "Large and in Charge" and is getting adventurous and going into the wood a little, going on the other side of the driveway (which is not allowed) while SQL is trying to be a good "watch dog" can't control her. That being said they are a lot of fun to watch. I think the new ducks will fit in fine in about a month. I want them to feather out before I turn them loose in the pond.

Update report on the new ducks, since we figured out they are about three months old. Was wondering when I should put them in the the mature pair? Also they have been in the Quack House (QH) for almost two weeks. I want to make sure I can round them up at night so when should I let them outside to free range. I was thinking about a month? My thinking is they will be more feathered out and should get along with the adults. It is amusing, when I go in the QH to feed and change water of the new ducks the old ducks comes out of the water and hang around outside the QH and sometimes comes in to see what is going on.

Current pic of the new ducks
ND 12-08-19_1495.JPG

Update report on the new ducks, since we figured out they are about three months old. Was wondering when I should put them in the the mature pair? Also they have been in the Quack House (QH) for almost two weeks. I want to make sure I can round them up at night so when should I let them outside to free range. I was thinking about a month? My thinking is they will be more feathered out and should get along with the adults. It is amusing, when I go in the QH to feed and change water of the new ducks the old ducks comes out of the water and hang around outside the QH and sometimes comes in to see what is going on.

Current pic of the new ducks
View attachment 1979729
Beautiful ducks !!!!!

I think if mine I’d go with the plan your talking about. Give them a month before you let them out. How about with supervision you let everyone be together now in an area where they are still enclosed. Toss a snack on the ground so they aren’t so focused on each other. Let us know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom