New egg here

Chicken Happy

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 6, 2012
North Idaho
Hi! Going to answer the sample idea questions...must start somehow.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Long, LONG ago I decided that chickens were not for me...silly critters. I was an FFA chick who worked with horses, raised goats, and sheep. Told my FFA advisor that I would never have chickens. 25 years later, my advisor is a friend on Facebook and giggles at my chicken adventures. I bought property with a chicken coop. Ignored it for the first year, then said, "Why not,"....now my husband calls me a chicken freak. I adore my girls...and the roo too. Glad I grew-up and rethought chickens.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
14 (13 hens one roo)
(3) What breeds do you have?
Rhode Island Red, Buffs, and Wyandottes. Only cold loving chickens here.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
searched chicken treats...found this site.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Photography, playing, and fishing.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My two dogs, who lived the motto, "If it flies it dies!" (one maybe two Canadian geese and probably two wild turkeys), they chase the bald eagles, ospreys, and ravens...seriously you two - you will not get them, they are in the air and you are not. I was concerned that they would eat the chickens...but they protect them now. Have 3 cats. One is too old to do more than sleep, but the other two are a year and frisky. They love to hang with the chickens and fantisize about the feast...but run when the pecking becomes painful. Other than that, I have a hubby that laughs at my chicken obsession....I was the chicken woman - now I am the chicken freak.

Last edited:
ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png
. Love your avatar!

Back
Top Bottom