New Egg!

Tikka

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 27, 2009
I'm Tikka and I live in Salt Lake City. We had some pet chickens when I was a girl, roosters as it turned out, and I jumped at the chance to get some last month when a friend was looking at moving.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I'm pretty much new to chickens. The chickens I had as a child died one by one until the last one attacked my little sister and my mom turned it out in an anonymous field. I'm definitely new to hens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
(3) What breeds do you have?
I have 4 red star pullets, hatched in February, I believe. They are named Josephine, Charlotte, Abigail and Catherine, though I can't usually tell Abigail and Catherine apart. They all lay daily for the time being. I like stars, but we may try some black ones.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Just reading everything I can find about chickens on the internet, especially wondering about winter coming up.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Writing, cooking, singing.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have 3 fish, 2 really big goldfish and a tank cleaner. If only there was such thing as a chicken coop cleaner! My husband and I agreed when we were married that we'd have no pets, but the fish were free and the chickens lay eggs, right?

welcome-byc.gif
fromWashington

Congrats on getting chickens

Imp

Welcome From Sc - This Is Awesome Website...fun And Useful. I Log On When Am Feelin' Blue And Am Cheered Right Up (of Course I Go To My
smile.png
Ladies Coop If I Can For The Same Reason)

Back
Top Bottom