New Family from TX here!

theDonovanFlock

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 2, 2010
I have no Idea what got into us but one day after lunch I looked over at my wife and said "lets go get some chickens". Suprisingly enough my wife said "sure". (with an erruption of cheers from my kids in the back seat).

Off we were to the local feed store looking at all the baby chicks and supplies. After over an hour of playing with them we decided on what were labeled as Americaunas (I think they are EE's) then it was off to Home Depot to begin the long journey of creating our Chicken Tractor (still not done after two weeks). The chicks currently still live in my bedroom in their make-shift brooder. and are adapting well. Will keep the flock small (6 MAX). I am new to chickens (as an adult, had them as a kid) and am looking forward to all the help this forum offers

My daughter and "Cheetah"
4772222139_033d4401e8.jpg

My Wife and "Red"
4772860128_7eedc991dd.jpg

"Chickenzilla"
4772859472_f71ab04617.jpg

"White Wing the Pirate"
4772221933_ac04772251.jpg

(and yes my kids named them)

Last edited:
frow.gif
from San Diego, CA. The kids will enjoy them tremendously. It's a great "hobby" for the entire family. My DH was not thrilled when I said we were getting chickens....but then he has seen how much we all enjoy them. He even admitted to thinking it was a good idea. He just wasn't thrilled with having to build the coop part of it!!
lol.png

welcome-byc.gif
Love the kids' names...that's why we have a Cinderella AND a Cinderfella!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom