New flock in Austin, Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rockwoodfamilyflock, May 16, 2010.

1. rockwoodfamilyflock

rockwoodfamilyflock Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    Hello BYC!
    Thanks for all the the info on this wonderful site. I'm one of those shy lurkers and have been reading, reading and reading some more but have never posted. Wanted to say hello from Austin, Texas. We are completely new to raising chickens and having a blast so far. Our girls (I think they are girls) are now 6 weeks old and have been in the brooder until just last night, when they moved to their new coop-- thanks to my oh so talented husband who often allows my projects to become his projects. [​IMG]
    My kids (ages 15 and 3 1/2) are fun to watch with the chickens and a great help! We'll see how long that lasts! [​IMG]
    On the other hand, our dog Toby would definitely like to eat each and every one of them, and has me a bit worried. I love to see pics on here of dogs hangin' with chickens and long for that to happen here!
    Thanks to your site and the Funky Chicken Coop tour, we are feeling a bit more confident about our chicken adventure. Of course, we still have a ton to learn and would love feedback on our new coop! Once I get a chance, I will post some pics of our girls and the coop which is coming along nicely, I think.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC, [​IMG]

from AZ!

[​IMG]

Where we all want to feel safe and secure.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington

Congrats on the chickens

Imp

4. TXCountryGal

TXCountryGal Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2010
    Welcome to BYC! Great to see another member from Texas!! Good luck with your chicks [​IMG]

Christine

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

6. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress