New Flock of Six - guess on breeds

pragmatist712

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2016
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
These came from a local farm and outdoors store (Atwoods). I believe them to be about two weeks old, the pictures were taken the day I brought them home. My guess is three Barred Rocks, two Red Sex Links, and one Rhode Island Red. What's your guess?

This is the flock minus one of the Barred Rocks, I'm not entirely convinced both of the ones in front are Red Sex Links since they do have different colored fluff around the eyes and head. There was also a chart at the store of the breeds, not sure if it is accurate, if it is then the two in front could possibly be Red Sex Links or Buff Orpingtons. Or something else entirely?

This is a better picture of one in question.

Here is the other one I was questioning, the fluff color around the eyes and head is lighter for some reason and the legs too just a little.

There are three of these, fairly sure they are BR, 'cept the unevenness to the barring makes me suspicious they could be something else?

The last 2 are Dominiques. They rest I am not sure.
Barred rock don't usally have white like that under there neck or beak
Dominiques are hard to find so you are very lucky.

Here is a pic of 3 of my barred rocks and they do not have white under the neck or beak.

Last edited:
The last 2 are Dominiques. They rest I am not sure. Barred rock don't usally have white like that under there neck or beak Dominiques are hard to find so you are very lucky. Here is a pic of 3 of my barred rocks and they do not have white under the neck or beak.
I'd have to disagree on that count. OP could indeed have Doms or Rocks, but it's unrelated to any white under the chin. I've worked with several hundred BRs and a good amount of Doms and Cuckoo Marans as well and I've seen white chin patches on all three breeds.

I'd have to disagree on that count. OP could indeed have Doms or Rocks, but it's unrelated to any white under the chin. I've worked with several hundred BRs and a good amount of Doms and Cuckoo Marans as well and I've seen white chin patches on all three breeds.
I only have 32 barred rocks so I am not 100% sure but they seem to have a longer face too.

Back
Top Bottom