New Flock!~

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by murphismo, Nov 10, 2011.

1. murphismo

murphismo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2011
    :DJust got my new girls!

I recently lost 14 chickens to some nasty raccoon I still have yet to catch! I've reenforced the coop, licked my wounds, and replaced my lovies....We lost our cochins, brahmas, turkens, aracaunas, austrolorps.....[​IMG] I have one beat up girl that made it through two attacks that is finally healing and being cared for by one of the new Comets. She's really helping get the blood out of her feathers. Yes, I tried to bathe her and put neosporin on her as well, but the big comet has really taken her under her wing [​IMG]. So please wish them well tonight, I have the trap set with vietnamese fish sauce and dry catfood......[​IMG] The new group is a wellsummer (Lafonda), a Barnevelder (Loosey Two Shoes), Ms. Tuffsy (my attacked one), and the four gold comets are Dirty Gertie, Harriet, Eunice, and Atilla the Hen....[​IMG]

2. so lucky

so lucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    SE Missouri
    I'll be here hoping you catch that big ole raccoon tonight![​IMG]

3. flspnr

flspnr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Gibsonton, FL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good luck catching it! And congrats on the new flock!

4. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I hate to hear it. My girls were all but 1 killed by raccoons. Little suckers you have my permission to make it painful real painful. [​IMG]

5. simplynewt

simplynewt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Hoping you catch the coon. Welcome to BYC and praying for a long life with your new flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by