1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NEW Food

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SteveBaz, Aug 24, 2011.

1. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    I just bought the next feed for older chicks. The original was fortified feed for younger chicks the next still has extra vitamins. Should I mix the two Bags of food as I start using the new bag of food?

2. djennings

djennings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    Sabine Pass, TX.
    If the other feed will be going to waste I do not see why you could not mix them together.

3. SteveBaz

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    I just bought new bag of feed while I was at the feed store and had a thought to ween them onto another food and my wife said; there just chickens. I want to have healthy birds that will give the most back? Am I just kidding myself into believing a chicken is a chicken and you can't make a better bird with early development?

Steve

4. Alethea

Alethea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    I'd mix the feed. It would be a shame to waste any. I think we want to take the best care we can of our chickens. If they are healthy and happy, they will lay longer and live longer. May the flock be with you.

5. SteveBaz

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Quote:Very FUNNY [​IMG] [​IMG] got me really laughing

Steve

6. MomToTheZoo

MomToTheZoo Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2011
    Western Washington
    Quote:that is what I would do. I hate to waste anything.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by