New from Arkansas

RandDB

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 13, 2013
Hello all! We are Ronald and Donna Brown from Arkansas. We are a couple of empty nesters who recently took on 6 dairy goats and 20 chickens. We have been together for 23 years and have 3 grown children and 1 grandchild. Ronald retired a few years back and I quit working outside the home when he retired.

We are now working at home with our mini farm. We have only had our chickens since the beginning of November 2012. We have been on BYC often as a guest. Ron owned chickens as a child and I was around them as a child at my grandparents' farm. We both have always enjoyed animals. We have 5 dogs and we keep our son's dog much of the time. We also 3 blue-fronted amazons.

I also bake special occasion cakes, knit, crochet, make soap, and any other craft that makes it way in my path. Ron fixes and builds everything around this place. He also gardens and spends time at the local farmers' markets selling our extras. We both enjoy fishing in our spare time. We enjoy learning and reading about how others care for their chickens here on BYC.

Oh, yea... our chickens are Bovan Browns:)

Last edited:
Greetings from Kansas, Ronald and Donna, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Sounds like a very idyllic situation. Enjoy your retirements and I enjoy your chickens!

Back
Top Bottom