New from Casa Grande, AZ

FeatherPugs

Crowing
6 Years
Aug 13, 2013
Casa Grande/Eloy, AZ
Good HOT afternoon! My name is Mary and I raise chickens and we have pugs! thus the name featherpugs! - LOL. It has been very hot here in Casa Grande so I'm just in from outside turning on the girls' misting system. We have a flock of 15 hens, one RIR roo and 3 turkeys. They all came with the package when I purchased them from the Phoenix valley area - so they are used to the heat BUT I'm not good with watching them pant, pant, pant - thus the misting system! I don't even have a misting system! Our coop and run is fully enclosed - even over the top because we live in the country and we have coyotes and raptors. I've lurked for a while and have finally joined so I can reply to posts when I read them! My first question for those in AZ - generally when do you see molt? OR because of the weather do they just molt when about 18 mos old? Our last chickens were in Alaska- 20+ years ago, and molting time was over the winter months - everybody molted at once. I'm not thinking that happens here. I know crazy first question!

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

If you look in the Where am I - Where are You section of the forum you will find a very active and friendly Arizona thread.

welcome-byc.gif

So glad you joined us!!!
wee.gif

Hmmm....seems like mine usually molt mid September- Early October....I think. Join us on the AZ thread and ask again. Maybe other Arizonians will have a better memory.

Be right back with a link.

Back
Top Bottom