New from Delaware, USA

feyhope

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2017
Hello,
I bought 4 Pekin and 2 Khaki Campbells.
I bought the Pekin first and the a week later the Campbell, I really hope they catch up in size even though there is one Pekin that is very protective of the little ones.
I also raise show dogs, Coton De Tuléar, I am hoping that I can train the dogs to be nice to the ducks.
So in my posts you will probably find a lot of dog paraphernalia being used for the duck habitat.
My greatest concerns right now are smell, keeping things dry, and keeping the water as clean as possible.
There are too many water borne illness for dogs that allow me peace of mind with 'dark' water.
Oh and automating stuff! That will be important too, since I sometimes have to go to 5 day shows in other states.
Thanks

welcome-byc.gif
Great to have another poultry lover!

Greetings from Kansas, feyhope, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Looks like CTKen gave you some great links so I'll just say best wishes, good luck, and thanks for joining BYC!!

Which end of the state are you in? We are in Delaware also! We have had chickens for a while but are also new to adding ducks this spring.

Great another dog person.!! We have many breeders, handlers, field trialers, agility & obedience folks, those with search & rescue dogs even some judges on BYC that also happen to have chickens, or ducks, or geese, or guineas etc. I used to breed & show Cockers from late 60's to 1980., wrote for dog magazines, had a grooming shop and also worked for a handler.

BTW
welcome-byc.gif
. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

G’Day from down under feyhope
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already been given some good advice and starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom